16-25 Jul. / Tour du Mt Blanc / Mont Blanc Circuit Trail
Time and Location
Good to Know
The spectacular Mont Blanc Circuit Trek is one of the world’s classic hikes and probably the best mountain walk in Europe. Three countries, seven valleys, seventy one glaciers, four hundred summits… culminating at 4810m, the Mont Blanc mountain range is home to the highest mountain in Western Europe and offers breathtaking scenery!
Trekking around the Mont Blanc offers amazingly diverse landscape: inviting forests, lush alpine meadows, mineral barren land, gushing streams, plunging waterfalls, powerful glaciers, and snow-capped peaks… often all in the same day! As you hike from hut to hut, ascending mountains and passes, crossing valleys and borders, you will also discover the rich and diverse traditional mountain culture, architecture, food and way of life.
With 7-9 hours hike along steep and at time rocky mountain trail, and up to 1300m ascent per day, this trek is demanding. This is a self-supported trek, so you will have to carry your backpack with all what you need for the 8 days on the trails. Participants need to be in good physical conditions and to train seriously for it beforehand.
This trip is guided by a professional English and French-speaking International Mountain Leader who will ensure you are in safe hands and well looked after, and who will bring the trail to life with stories and information.
Itinéraire / Itinirary:
- Day 1: Arrival in Chamonix and initial briefing.
- Day 2: Starting at the top of the Bellevue cable car, and hike to Refuge de Nant Borrant through Bionassay Glacier, Col du Tricot, Val Montjoie... - 18km / 7hours / D+980m / D-1100m.
- Day 3: Climb up to Col du Bonhomme, then up to Col des Fours and descend to Ville des Glaciers to stay at Refuge des Mottets - 15km / 7h / +1300m, -900m
- Day 4: Ascend to Col de la Seigne to enter Italy and the the most imposing view of the South face of the Mont Blanc. Hike to Rifugio Maison Vieille via the moraine of the Miage Glacier and Combal Lake. 21km, 7h, +1200m, -1100m
- Day 5: Descend to Courmayeur to enjoy a nice Italian coffee, then hike up to Mont de la Saxe. Night at Rifugio Bonatti. 18km, 8h, +1000-1500m, -300-800m (depending on itinerary).
- Day 6: Start with a beautiful walk on a balcony trail facing the southern face of the Grandes Jorasses and descending to Arp Nouva. Hike to the charming village of La Fouly and bus to Champex. Hike up to Relais d'Arpette to spend the night. 15km, 7.5h, +900m, -1400m.
- Day 7: Long hike and scramble up all the way to the stunning Fenêtre d’Arpette, followed by a steep descent to Trient. 14km, 7.5h, +1200m, -1200m
- Day 8: Back to France and hike to Montroc. Night in a gite in Montroc. 18km, 7.5h, +1100m, -1000m
- Day 9: Bus or train to Argentiere to start the last day hiking, starting with a long ascent to Lac Blanc (2352m) along the South Balcony Trail, offering grandiose views on the North Face of the Mont Blanc. After a short cable car ride, we will reach Chamonix and the end of the tour! 13km, 6h, +1100m, -1000m
- Day 10: Breakfast in Chamonix and time to say goodbye!
Prix / Price: XXXXCHF or XXXX€
The price of the event is CHF What does the price include?- 8 days of guided hiking with an International Mountain Leader - Accommodation for 9 nights - Dinner on day 1 / Breakfast, lunch and dinner from day 2 to day 9 / Breakfast on day 10 - Transfers included in the itinerary above What does the price NOT include? ===== - Transport to/from Chamonix - Drinks Payment terms :